Choosing a bookmaker is not easy – there are so many! Also, sometimes unscrupulous sites are trying to deceive players and take possession of their money or data. That is why we, bettingsitestz.co.tz, are continually watching online bookmakers.
Residents of Tanzania love sports and strictly follow the events of national and international scale. In 2014-2016, revenues from sports betting increased by 95%. According to the Game Council of Tanzania, in the period 2014-2016, the sports betting industry received income of more than 30B TSH.
That is why we strive to make the best guide for our readers. We specialise in scrutinising betting companies in Tanzania. The website bettingsitestz.co.tz helps to find the best to learn about their features and bonuses.
We have collected for you a qualitative rating of bookmakers. Here you can find out about the top sites. Also you’ll learn:
- By what criteria we choose a bookie;
- How to distinguish the right bookmaker from the wrong one;
- If betting in Tanzania is legal.
At bettingsitestz.co.tz we offer the most complete and high-quality bookmaker selection guide.
List of the Best Sports Betting Sites in Tanzania
How do you know a betting site is good?
Use these criteria to see how good the site is:
- long experience;
- you can manage your balance sheet money easily and for free;
- 24-hour, responsive support;
- betting diversity;
- a wide range of payment methods;
- license and regular program audit;
- payment is made without delays.
Choose sites of sports bets which successfully exist already for a long time. It means that the bookmaker has created an excellent reputation and base of players. Consequently, you will find feedback from players and learn all about the site.
For sports, betting requires real money. It is essential to know that your money is safe. You should have no problems with adding or withdrawing money, getting bonuses and using them.
It’s hard to predict when you will need help. The service must answer through several channels, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Employees must respond quickly and efficiently, leaving no questions to the client.
Social networks also help to assess the quality of services provided. By visiting Facebook or Twitter, you can understand how well the company interacts with its customers.
When choosing a betting company, you should evaluate the markets and compare the odds with other betting websites in Tanzania. Finding the best lines and benefits is something to spend extra time on because every dollar invested in betting will affect your profit.
Further, sports betting means regular deposits. So, the bookmaker must provide a wide range of payment operators. The best bookmakers in Tanzania offer instant deposits through cards, transfers and mobile operators. The player should pay attention to deposit and withdrawal conditions: limits, terms, commissions and other criteria.
Another critical factor is bonuses for registration or regular customers. Always read the terms carefully to meet the requirements and withdraw the winnings without problems. Be attentive while analysing the bonus program. Bookmaker still provides an excellent gift for beginners, but not in every case; it rewards regular visitors.
About the assortment: bettingsitestz.co.tz believes that bookmakers should provide the player with a full range of services to win his trust and respect.
How do you know an online sports betting site bad?
When you first visit the site, carefully analyse all the data posted on the resource. Do not be lazy and spend time to evaluate information and services. Here are the criteria by which you will understand that the bookmaker is unreliable:
- The site does not write, what his license for betting activities, does not give its number and date.
- Bookmaker offers too few payment systems, while they are inconvenient and not trustworthy.
- The site does not provide a mobile application or is not optimised for mobile. So, the bookmaker does not take into account the interests of players.
- The odds are not balanced and differ significantly from odds of other bookies (big plus or minus difference).
Do not forget to read feedback from friendly players. If most reviews are negative, it is best not to contact this resource.
Which criteria for a Top Tanzanian Betting Sites 2020?
The high demand for sports betting in Tanzania has led us to create a clear list of criteria for choosing a bookie. Thanks to our guide, you will be able to select a site with the best conditions. Site bettingsitestz.co.tz offers criteria for determining top bookmakers.
Betting apps or Mobile version Betting sites
Players in Tanzania actively use computers and mobile applications, use services through them and buy goods. That is why the bookmaker must be available on all platforms.
Thanks to the application or mobile version of the site bookmaker provide quick login and round-the-clock access to gambling entertainment.
Please pay attention to the following application parameters:
- whether bonuses can be activated and used;
- the ability to top up your account or withdraw money through it;
- whether there are limits on bets or lines;
- whether or not you can contact support through it;
- how much memory the application will take up;
- whether it is compatible with iOS or Android;
- whether your phone (tablet) is consistent with the app.
A reliable bookmaker will offer the application for free. Moreover, it will regularly update the app, eliminating all errors and improving its functionality.
Betting Markets and honest odds
Football is, of course, the most popular sport in Tanzania. A wide range of activities gives the player complete freedom of action at any time. Make sure that the bookmaker covers all the events in world sports. In this way, the player will be able to make regular bets even if his favourites are not yet playing in the season.
Bookmakers charge a commission for each bet – this is how they earn their money. The size of the margin affects the odds and potential winnings. It is ideal if the bookmaker does not take commissions or makes them minimal. By the way, different brands provide different margins. In essence, somewhere it’s more profitable to bet on football, and somewhere on basketball or tennis.
Appropriate odds are the key indicator. They are the ones that form the winnings, and they can also be used to guess the potential benefits for the betting site client.
Most bookmakers in Tanzania use decimal coefficients which are written as 1.2, 4.7, 2.55. To calculate the winnings, you need to multiply the odds by the bet amount.
The bookmaker sets the odds to get the most profit. That is, it can deliberately underestimate or increase the odds. To check how honest the bookmaker is, select one event and compare it with your competitors. The chances of the same match should not differ significantly. If you see too high or too low odds, it may be a sign of cheating.
Agents can although offer improved odds for regular customers as a bonus.
Please note if there is such an option in the bookmaker’s bonus program.
Live betting has now become a must-have feature at betting platforms in Tanzania. Thanks to them, the player responds quickly and accurately to events and increases his profits. Therefore, when choosing an bookie, pay attention to odds and range of bets for Live betting. Also, whether the bookmaker can broadcast in real-time on your site. If you have weak internet traffic, evaluate whether the bookmaker has a statistics tracker updated with every event in the match.
It is most useful to place bets while watching the broadcast at the same time. Make sure that the video or statistics tracker is on the same page as your bets. This way, you have a better chance of catching the moment instantly with the most significant potential benefit.
Customer Service & Support at the Betting Sites
Proven Tanzanian bookmakers organise quality support. You should be able to contact technical support through several channels:
- the messenger;
- online chat;
- social networks.
You can ask about the calculation of your winnings, technical problems or organisational issues.
The best bookmakers answer instantly. As a last resort, a reaction is possible within one day. If the support is delayed, or if the answer is blurred and unclear, the player has the right to make a complaint to the Gaming Board. The bookmakers take into account the complaints and pass on all necessary information to the government organisation.
Please read the user agreement carefully for detailed rules and restrictions of the parties.
Welcome Bonus at the Betting Sites
The vast majority of bookmakers in Tanzania offer a welcome bonus to first-time registered bookers. The reward is as follows:
- in the form of 100% on your first deposit;
- as a 100% refund on the first bet if that one loses.
In the first case, the player receives 100% of the amount he deposited. The money is given immediately or after certain conditions are met. In the second case, the bookmaker returns the bet in full if the bet is lost.
The first free bet is also possible for a fixed amount or depending on the amount of deposit.
To take full advantage of the bonus without any problems, read its terms. A reliable bookmaker will provide you with complete information on the bonus conditions. Try to find out the size of the award, the amount of the necessary wagering and its validity period.
Different Bet Types
Bookmakers in Tanzania accept the following types of bets:
- Single bets;
Single simple bets have minimal risk. The main thing here is that the player chooses only one outcome per event. These bets are easy to pay out: simply multiply the odds by the amount betting. Let’s list the most popular options for simple bets:
- Head to head – defeat or victory of the team. Double outcome – the player chooses “win plus draw” or “both teams have scored”;
- Total (over/under) – a bet on the total score in the match. It is possible to choose Total goals by teams separately, or the score by corner cards, received cards, passes.
- Handicap – artificial value for underdog advantage over the favourite. Then the player has a better chance that his bet win.
- Futures – bets on the victory of a team in a tournament or championship.
Several single outcomes can be combined into Multiple or Accumulator bets. In Tanzania, players can combine from 2 to infinity of single bets in one bet. In this case, the events and outcomes must be independent of each other. If one Multiple bet loses, you lose the entire Accumulator. That is why they are highly risky.
But the Accumulator allows you to get big winnings for less money by multiplying the odds. Choose the golden mean between the number of outcomes and potential winnings. It is better to take on such bets, if you have experience in sports betting websites or if you know the chosen sport very well.
Make your predictions based on the statistics of the team or individual athletes. Be sure to develop a strategy to manage the cost of gambling carefully.
Some bookmakers may give consolation bonuses if Accumulator loses. Read the bonus policy and carefully check the bonus policy.
Different Payment Methods at bet sites
Bookmakers in Tanzania offer a large number of payment methods. Choose the safest and most convenient way for you.
Most often such payment systems are offered:
- Vodacom M-Pesa,
- Tigo Pesa,
- Airtel Money,
These are mobile payment methods supported by the largest telecommunications companies in the country.
Currently, there are no international bookmakers who use these methods for deposit and withdrawal. In addition, international brands do not charge funds to TZS. Players in Tanzania can use global systems. Let’s look at the available list of payment methods:
- Visa and MasterCard credit cards. The minimum payment is 10 USD, the maximum is 30 000 USD.
- Debit card Visa and Maestro. The minimum deposit is 10 USD, the maximum – 30 000 USD.
- Skrill (formerly Moneybookers). The minimum deposit is 10 USD, and the maximum deposit is 38 000 USD.
- Skrill 1-Tap is an even more natural way to pay for your bets via mobile phones. Deposit range is 10-13 000 USD.
- Neteller eWallet offers limits from 20,000 USD to 50,000 USD.
- Entropay – virtual prepaid card. Limits range from 20,000 USD to 30,000 USD.
- AstroPay Card – is a virtual prepaid card with instant replenishment for the amount from 5 to 10 000 USD.
- Bank transfer – is a long but safe way. Operations have a waiting period from 2 to 10 banking days; the limits for transactions are 50-100 000 USD.
- Bank cheque – is the longest, but the safest option. The limit is from 1 500 to 80 000 USD with a waiting period from 5 to 28 bank days.
Which way is better to choose? Be guided by your options, read player reviews. Note that not only the reliability of the system but also the reliability of the bookmaker matters.
Secure money withdrawal to betting sites
Every bookmaker in Tanzania offers simple methods for withdrawing money. If you use online systems, this algorithm usually works:
- Log in to your account.
- Then click on WITHDRAW.
- Choose the payment method that you need.
- Select a method: Voucher, Tigo Pesa, Vodacom M-Pesa or another option.
After you make a withdrawal request, the bookmaker will process it as soon as possible. Withdrawal requests can take up to 24 hours on weekdays. If the request is made over the weekend, the processing period may take longer.
Also, you can get winnings offline. If your bookmaker is offline, come to his betting shop. Here you can apply and wait for funds to be received. This method has a small disadvantage: you can only receive money during working hours from 9 am to 8 pm.
Remember that during the waiting time, the time for processing the application is included. Good brands process applications instantly, no longer than 24 hours. And some delay processing for a couple of days. Plus the withdrawal time depends on the selected payment system.
Take into account the commission, which is charged in most payment systems. Bookmaker, in rare cases, also charges transaction fees. Limits and terms together with commissions are usually specified in the cash desk in the player’s profile or the bookmaker’s help section.
Best international betting sites 2020
TOP 3 new betting sites in Tanzania
New bookmakers regularly appear, which attract clients with tempting bonuses, extended range of sports and markets. Thanks to this competition, bookmakers are continually improving their services and offers. Also, you can always count on a welcome bonus, because it is the primary means to attract customers to the bookmaker.
We offer three of the best newcomers in Tanzania:
- FastBet – Founded in 2015, FastBet.co.tz is run by a famous casino based in Las Vegas. Thanks to the vast experience of the parent brand, the Tanzanian website has a certain lustre. Check out the FastBet fan page on Facebook and read the news and announcements.
- TBet Tanzania – operational since 2019. tbet.co.tz is based in Dar es Salaam and offers a user-friendly website that works well on mobile devices. They have good odds in several markets.
- Throne Bet – ThroneBet, along with PlayMaster Bet and SokaBet, is among the three new operators in Tanzania. Check out their offers and bonus policies.
Best football betting sites 2020
But you shouldn’t always trust newcomers. A safer game is available at betting sites with a long history. Who can I recommend to the people of Tanzania?
- Premier Betting, a company based in Dar es Salaam, has betting points in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Arusha.
- M-Bet is the first mobile operator. M-Bet offers the following games in top football leagues around the world. It provides a wide range of possible bets on events from single and handicap to Accumulator. Funds are accepted through M-Pesa and Tigo Pesa systems.
- Sportpesa – is worth paying attention to if you want to get into football jackpots.
- Princess Bet Tanzania allows you to bet on all major sports, not just football. Convenient and modern site pleases players with comfortable service.
- mkeka offers improved odds on bets like both teams to score.
- bikosports is a simple resource for betting. Place your bets on football and basketball, choose from world events, and don’t be distracted by anything else.
FAQ Betting sites in Tanzania
Are sports betting legal in Tanzania?
Gambling in Tanzania is legal and regulated by sound legislation. It’s not surprising, as it is the first country that legalised gambling in Africa. Local regulatory has extensive experience in controlling this type of business. As early as the nineties, there were two essential lows: the Investment Promotion and Protection Act 1992 and the Tanzania Investment Act 1997. These instruments marked the beginning of the legal industry in the country.
The Gaming Board of Tanzania was established in 2003 to oversee the business and to issue licenses and institutional tax levies.
These are the laws that regulate the local gambling business:
- Finance Act 2018 and its amendments,
- Gaming Act 2003,
- Internet Gaming Regulations from 2012,
- Sports Betting rules 2016.
It should be noted that the legal age for making sports betting and participating in other gambling activities is 18 years. Thanks to the abovementioned legislative acts, all forms of entertainment have been legalised.
Operators must pay 25% tax on their GGR. Also, a 20% tax is levied on players’ winnings. Pay attention to this when calculating your bet!
What is a popular sport in Tanzania to bet on?
As everywhere else, football is the most popular sport in Tanzania, although the national team cannot boast of success in world sports. Fans support the two leading football clubs: Yanga and Simba. More than 50 players play abroad in major clubs. Among the famous names:
- Ally Mtony – plays at Lipuli;
- David Mwantika – plays for Azam;
- Feisal Salum, who plays for Young Africans;
- Adi Yussuf – performs at Boreham Wood;
- Simon Msuva – performs at Portugal’s top club Benfica.
Also, basketball is popular in the country, mainly playing in the army and schools. A famous sportsman – Hasheem Thabeet – performs in the American NBA league.
Cricket is also among actively developing sports. Tanzania has its national team in this sport, which has achieved some success. Rugby is also popular among fans thanks to the national team.
Therefore, players follow their favourite athletes and are happy to bet on them at bookmaker website.
Besides, football, basketball and cricket are popular thanks to a large database. Players can study the data and make competent forecasts at any time. And you can easily earn on your favourite sport!
Who determines sports betting odds?
It is bookmakers who make lines for betting on sports events. Betting specialists or special programs called “betting compiler” calculate odds. This person or machine algorithm forms the probability of outcomes, analysing statistics for past performances and the current state of the teams/athletes.
The state is not responsible for the compilation of odds and lines. The fairness and balance of lines depend only on the competence of the bookmaker’s employees. The best option for a player is to open several websites and compare odds, as well as read the experts forecasts.
What’s the minimum bet I can make?
Restrictions depend on bookmakers, so there are no identical criteria for sites. However, resources do not want to harm each other and players by setting too unbalanced limits. More often than not, bookmakers set an average value and act within it.
- The minimum bet is TZS 1000.
- Maximum is TZS 100,000.
- The minimum rate per TZS wallet is 200.
- Maximum rate per TZS wallet is 100,000.
Please read about all limits in Terms & Conditions on the bookmaker’s official website to be sure that you got everything right. We at bettingsitestz.co.tz will help you to win!